With U of I having one of the best Computer Science departments in the world, here are some apps that can help you find your way on campus.
2. CU Buses – Picture this: It’s winter. The wind is howling and it’s cold AF. You need to catch the next bus without becoming a popsicle. When does it come? Download CU Buses to track the minute buses stop at your location. CU Buses is ad free. It occasionally goes down, so download a back up, another option is Illini Bus (has ads).
3. Illini Spaces – That perfect study spot. You know it when you see it. With Illini Spaces, you get a little preview of buildings on campus. You can also reserve spaces and check the hours.
4. UI Dining – Hungry yet? UI Dining gives you the menus of each dining hall, the hours, and how to find it.
5. U of I Safewalks – Let’s face it: safety matters. Request or contact SafeWalks through the app so you can get where you need to go safely.
6. U of I Research Park – Keep up to date with the companies just past the State Farm Center. This app sometimes doesn’t work, but offers insights and internship opportunities.
7. Explore CU – Adventurous? Get outside your comfort zone by discovering what’s around town.
8. IL Reality Check – Graduating soon? Not sure what to major in? This app lets you imagine life after college. Enter expenses, your desired city, and your possible job to see if your income fits your life style.
9. Mobile Meter – Have a car on campus? If you do, you’ve probably gotten a parking ticket at some point because the parking enforcement is on top of their game. Help prevent your meter from running out by loading more money through your smart phone. There is a small fee for using the app.
10. Illinois Student Affairs – Straightforward app with various categories such as Campus Safety and Illini Union. Helps get you connected quickly.
*Anything we missed. Comment below!